The Marketing Accountability Standards Board (MASB) is the operating arm of the Marketing Accountability Foundation (MAF). MASB is delegated authority by the MAF to establish standards for marketing metrics and accountability. The Board consists of a Chair and 18 Directors, each representing a member organization. Directors are nominated for a Board seat and approved by MAF Trustees. They serve for a three-year term, with eligibility for a second term.
Establish marketing measurement and accountability standards across industry and domain for continuous improvement in financial performance and for the guidance and education of business decision makers and users of performance and financial information.
Summary of Responsibilities: • Work with other Board members to set MASB project priorities, including identifying new, relevant opportunities
• Guide the projects & resolve technical & other issues from project start through adoption
• Determine resources needed to execute the projects and ensure that they are adequately supported (in collaboration with the MASB Advisory Council)
• Attend and actively participate in monthly MASB Directors meetings: 10 virtual (1 hour) and 2 face-to-face Summits (1½ days)
• As appropriate, assume leadership roles on specific projects
• Support MASB efforts to generate interest in its mission and work, by, for example, presenting MASB work at industry conferences and publishing relevant articles/blogs/posts
• Support MASB efforts to expand membership
• Ensure that the Director’s own company maximizes the value of corporate membership – engaging and evangelizing internally
• Operate according to the MASB Mission & Operating Plan
Qualifications: • 10+ years’ experience in finance, marketing, or marketing analytics
• Currently employed in finance, marketing, or marketing analytics if from a Marketer member; in a related field if from other membership categories
• Preferably at the VP level, at a minimum the director level (or equivalent)
• Proven track record as an executive/academic who has applied marketing measurement to the art of marketing for improved financial performance